Possibly the greatest thing about the World Cup? Nearly the entire world has joined together to watch. Opposing teams, sure. But there's something amazing about the simultaneous excitement across the globe. The World Cup is the most widely viewed sporting event in the world. An estimated 715.1 million people watched the final match of the 2006 World Cup held in Germany!
Newsweek presents a series of fans, completely engrossed, supporting a myriad of countries in bars across New York City:
"If you can't be in South Africa, there may be no better place on the planet to watch the World Cup than New York City. There's a bar for partisans of every country, and a passionate fanbase, often made up of recent immigrants, to fill it. We'll follow fans in these bars throughout the city throughout the World Cup, as they experience the agony and ecstasy of the world greatest sporting event."
2-0 South Korea
Connolly's Pub & Restaurant
Fort Greene, Brooklyn
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades